lightening your hair?

Is it safe to lighten your hair at 28 wks pregnant ? I heard it wouldn't hurt anything to color your hair while pregnant..

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 9:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me not to color my hair at all during pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• stay in a well ventilated area. You can do it - Not bleach it- but if you are just buying a lighter hair color then it is ok
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• what about peroxide, ive been told by older women, its safest . because its medical, and no harsh chemicals
    I'm gonna give that a go, but if it doesnt turn out, I'll be sure to fix it LOL
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• It has not been proven that bleaching, dyeing or anthing else cam hurt the baby! Just stay in a well vented area and you will be fine. I hope your hair turns out great.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• if you have blonde hair, try lemon juice and sitting in the sun. Lemon juice is a natural lightener when you sit in the sun. There are other products out there that also do the same thing.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2009