Bush Deficit Vs. Obama Deficit

For those who want specific reasons why so many of us are ALREADY fed up with Obama and his administration, here is ONE major reason that WILL affect everyone!

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/03/24/bush-deficit-vs-obama-deficit-in-pictures/

Oh, and based on March's numbers from Congressional Budget Office, these projections are VERY conservative--in other words, it's going to be FAR worse than projected.

So, explain to me how Obama can say he INHERITED Bush's mess with regards to the economy?!

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 10:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If I hear or see one more person say he "inherited" this mess, I'm going to SCREAM!!!

For Pete's sake people, this man that you elected said that he was going to give us CHANGE!!! We were ALL sick of the spending -- republicans and liberals alike! -- and CHANGE to me means STOPPING THE INSANE AMOUNT OF SPENDING. But no, he's just dug the hole deeper. Watch out, we're about to fall into China from this huge hole, in more ways than one!
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I totally agree with you. It is really sad when kids like my 10 yr old are becoming interested/involved in politics. My child is thoroughly disgusted that money hasn't even earned yet has been spent. He said, 'Mom, why should I go to college and work hard like you and Dad have if they are just going to take it away from me." This is toughest question I have been asked as a parent!

BTW, you might want to find a link that isn't a blog. Someone is going to bash you. Personally, I know of some very good blogs, they just have what's already out there and some commentary. I am willing to give a blog the benefit of the doubt!

Thanks LoiKeet for the great question!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• For goodness sakes........this man has been in office for a few months. He said right from the very beginning it was going to get worse before it gets better. Why are you people so ready to hang him? He cannot do anything worse then the last man that ran this country.

for goodness sakes....this man has spent more in his short 3 months in office than Bush did in 8 years!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• But wait, there's more! Some of you may remember during the campaign Obama made very clear that every dollar increase in spending was going to be offset with a spending cut somewhere else.

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/story.aspx?87459f1a-e163-4057-8111-e4d72f2e3a93

And for those who say he didn't realize how bad it was until he took over, where have there been cuts other than to the military, conveniently AFTER Kim Jong il starts "testing" missiles!?!?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• eye rollinganother BLOG as a source.....

Anonymous

• Is the blog not FACTUAL?! Did you even bother to look at it, or do you automatically prefer to dismiss it just because it is not preferred source of information...and they say conservatives are close-minded! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Here's the thing. Obama did NOT want to come in and create an even larger deficit. That's something that was unavoidable- because of the situation we find ourselves in FROM the last administration.

Also, they're projecting that this will begin being paid down sooner than planned.
    Anonymous

• So Anon...the ends justify the means?

I thought that argument didn't fly when Bush was in office, but for Obama I guess it does.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Get over yourselves.
    If it's so bad, then move.
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:32PM

WHO is projecting that the debt is going to be paid down sooner than expected?! The Congressional Budget Office, has predicted the COMPLETE opposite, saying it is going to be far WORSE than earlier projections estimated.

Would like a link that supports your comment!!!

And Anon 11:47
    I guess you "got nothin," huh?! What exactly do you think will happen when the most productive high income tax bracket people and corporations "move?!" Who will get taxed even MORE?! You got it, the middle class and working poor!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2009