Similac Advanced with Early Shield

My DS was just started on Similac Advanced with Early Shield two weeks ago, and he seems terribly gassy at times. I'm not sure if this is just him or the formula causing him distress. Has anyone had experience with this formula? Is there a way to figure out if it is this formula? Any help is appreciated!

If you are a formula hater...please do not respond. I tried breast feeding...and it just didn't work out for my mental health.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Was he on another formula before or breastfed?? If he was breastfed he might just need to get used to having formula which is harder on the tummy to digest. If it's a new formula you might want to change to a different kind if he seems very uncomfortable.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• My son had all kinds of problems with BF, and we tried all kinds of formulas. We ended up going with similac isomil advanced soy formula. It worked great.
    teafan

Answer by teafan at 11:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• He was breastfed and we supplemented with Similac Advanced.
    RoseLAnderson

Answer by RoseLAnderson at 7:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• my daughter was on that when we were in the hospital, and it made her terribly gassy and pissy. poor thing. but the dr changed her to the similac sensitive. ever since then she has been great. no puking or spitting up :]
    UhLeeshUh

Answer by UhLeeshUh at 10:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2009