Scarred fallopian tube

So before I conceived my DD, who was born 10-01-07, we had tried for over a year to become pregnant. After having a HSG, my Dr determined that my right fallopian tube is blocked with scar tissue. He placed me on 50 mg of Clomid, and I conceived in the 3rd month.

My question is, what are my chances of conceiving wthout the Clomid this time? Should I just request that I be placed back on it? Or do I have a decent chance of conceiving without? Also, aren't I risking a Tubal Pregnancy? Should my Dr have removed the scarring? Any replies would be great. Thanks all

lillys_mommy07

Asked by lillys_mommy07 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i don't really know anything about it but if you didn't have any complications with your last pregnancy, why not just ask for the meds again? thats probably what i would do, but if your concerned about a tubal pregnancy talk to your doctor about any other options before trying the meds.
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• I'm going to get a HSG test this month to check to see if my fallopian tubes are blocked with scar tissue I have been trying for 7 months to TTC. I had trouble in 2006 with fibroids and I had laproscopy surgery and they removed the fibroid and scar tissue from fallopian tubes and I was feeling good after that so I'm not sure if scar tissue came back. But you ask a very good question because he may give me the option to take the medication Clomid (which I'm not sure what that is) or give me surgery and I think I will take the surgery because it was not bad at all a little small slit a little above your bikini area. I'm nervous about getting this test done I pray everything is good and clear. But it is up to you what is best for you. I will choose surgery to avoid any issues during TTC I'm older and I have no time for mishapes. Good Luck!
    ivntee07

Answer by ivntee07 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2009