Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scarred fallopian tube 'piog'

So before I conceived my DD, who was born 10-01-07, we had tried for over a year to become pregnant. After having a HSG, my Dr determined that my right fallopian tube is blocked with scar tissue. He placed me on 50 mg of Clomid, and I conceived in the 3rd month.

My question is, what are my chances of conceiving wthout the Clomid this time? Should I just request that I be placed back on it? Or do I have a decent chance of conceiving without? Also, aren't I risking a Tubal Pregnancy? Should my Dr have removed the scarring? Any replies would be great. Thanks all

Answer Question

Asked by lillys_mommy07 at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • If you have scarring, then the egg shouldn't get past it and you shouldn't get pregnant through that tube. The concern is the healthy tube. Your chance of success is, logically, half, but I'm really not sure of that answer. With your HSG, you should have seen that your tubes aren't static-- instead they actually float around, and your single tube could be getting eggs from both ovaries (freaky, isn't it? I had no idea until I saw it on my HSG).

    But since it worked so well for you last time, why not do it again?

    As for the scarring-- sometimes the procedure to remove the scarring can actually cause more, and lead to actual abdominal scarring which is much worse. So since you've gotten pregnant with your single working tube, I say keep going at it!

    Good luck!!

    Answer by Busimommi at 1:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • wow, I had no idea that my tubes weren't each connected to a single ovary. And it eases my mind about i tubal (what you said). Thanks for your answer!

    Answer by lillys_mommy07 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
Scarred fallopian tube