Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i do

my sd ( 20 no job lives at home 3 kids takes and buys pills dropps her kids where ever) started a bunch of drama. she thretened my 16 yr old ( pays for her own bills, pays her own school works no kids) my dh is on his dd's side. he ends up in the hospital, and she leaves. comes back when hes home starting more. now he wont help my youngest son come home and he gives my dd a hard time.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (8)
  • Have you talked to him about it? Problems like this can tear a marriage apart. Or, if she's threatening your daughter I would say something to her, even though she's not your daughter, she's living in your house and living off of you. She threatened your daughter and I would say something about that. But in a calm way..but especially to her dad...explain your concerns..and if he doesn't do anything about it, than say something to her yourself..

    Answer by sarapurser at 11:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

  • Can you help ds come home? I would just by pass dh's ass and do it myself since he seems to by pass you with sd.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • Sounds like to me you need to just get rid of the DH and the SD problems will be gone.

    Answer by louise2 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • Leave with you children. Your husband is not on your side.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • i ended up calling the law on sd after i aske my dh to fix things.he ended up at the hospital on the verge of another heart attack. he had bypass(3 1/2) two years ago. they said next heart attack would kill him. my dd and i are moving out

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • wow....good luck.

    Answer by aly38914290 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • You have to do what is best for your children.I hope everything works out for you the way is should.

    Answer by evelynwest at 6:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • 1-id call someone to put his 20yr old daughters children in foster care because she is not being a 'healthy' mother for her children and isnt really taking care of them

    2-im smack my husband and tell him "Goodbye, your supposed to love our children, im fair to your children and your not fair to mine"

    3-just kick that 20yr old out! tell her she needs to be a mother and its YOUR house and get the fuck out!

    Answer by MissKellee at 10:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.