spelling

what word(s) always throw you for a loop when you're typing? where you have to stop and think about how to spell it?

for me, its the different forms of nausea (like, nauseous...)
and occasional. for some reason i can never remember two c's or two s's

llansky

Asked by llansky at 11:35 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always have to stop for "necessary"

I have to remember the special thing to spell it,

"Never Eat Cakes Eat Salmon Sandwiches And Remain Young"
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• conscience (con science). and the word "goes"....never looks right to me. even now lol
    convenient. conceived. there's a few others with that whole i and e thing BE-A-Utiful, Busyness...business. vegy table--vegetable.... wedNESday....FebRuary...
    heehee this is fun
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• tom-orrow...have to remind myself there is only one M and two R's
    Adeline1210

• oh yeah, conscience gets me too! thank goodness for the automatic spell checker, that underlines my misspelled words ;o)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• im just a mess when it comes to the rule (i before e except after c)... just throws me off every time
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 11:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Definitely. I hate that word.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Their friends anything with an i and e just like star cookie said. I probably didn't spell those two at the beginning right.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• What's the saying? I before e except after c yadayadayada as in neighbor and weigh.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i before e, except after c, and sounding as "a" as in neighbor and weigh. but some are weird.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I agree with the two c's or two s's! but i am a really bad speller...I dont know how i passed english! LOL but what i dont get is believe is just that....b-e-l-i-e-v-e but receive is r-e-c-e-i-v-e...I know you probably know how to spell that, but isnt that weird that they sound just the same at the end yet the e and i are backwards? or is it just me?! LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 12:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2009