Beef Pot Roast

I have a 2 lb beef pot roast with veggies I would like to cook in my crock pot. How long and do I season the pot roast?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I use Lipton soup mix for seasoning (now you have made me hungry for it!) It makes the carrots and other veggies delicious, not just the meat! I cook it for 6-8 hours also, or 4 hours in a cooking bag in the oven on 300 degrees!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 11:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• what i do is i put the roast in the pot, add the veggies, put in a packet of italian salad dressing mix (the dry make-your-own stuff) and a packet of au juis seasoning packet, and then cover with beef broth. i cook on low for 6-8 hours
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2009

• They do make pot roast seasoning packets for the crockpot.
    Anonymous

• yeah. those seasoning packets taste like beef stew, imo
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I use bullion cubes and then I throw in some of my own seasonings too. I cook every pot roast on low for 7-8 hours.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I use a packet of beefy onion soup mix, can of low fat cream of mushroom soup, and a can of low sodium beef broth. I whisk it together to make a gravy of sorts and dump it on the roast. I cook it on low for 6-8 hours. My crock pot works too fast so I have to check it around 6 hours. I am actually making that tomorrow.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I usually cook mine with a little red wine and beef broth
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 7:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2009