So today I asked my son if he wanted to hunt Easter eggs tomorrow and he asked me,"Do you WANT ME to hunt Easter eggs"?

He is 10 and has caught on to the fact that there is no Santa Claus and no Easter bunny, tooth fairy etc. I thought it was funny that he asked me if I wanted him to, as if he was saying, "do you want me to still be a kid", I still do so I filled like 18 plastic eggs with candy. In your opinion, when is too old to hunt easter eggs?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was probably around 14 when i stopped. I felt too silly after that. I Trick or Treated up till I was 19 though!
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i hunted them until i was 17, then again my youngest brother is 10 years younger than me and he always wondered why no one else did if we didn't after i turned 18 i used the excuse that the easter bunny didn't leave enough for grown ups. he hunted them til he was 14, he knew but got a kick out of it anyways he loves trying to find things. when i married DH my mom would have him come over and hide the eggs and his basket b/c she'd been doing it so long she ran outta places to hide them. i say do it til he wants to stop
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• When the kid is no longer interested in hunting for them or questions you. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I am the youngest of 5 and they all joined in with me and my brother. Yeah, your right, I shouldn't just assume he doesn't want to. He is an only child so I am going to invite the little girl next door to make it more competitive. I guess I was just having a mommy brain fart!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I was 12 when I stopped now my parents continued to do it every year until I was 15....finally my siblings and I gave the big bombshell we didn't like do it anymore. We were just growing up, but I guess each to their own.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i did until i moved away (19ish. .)
    my little sister is 12 years younger than me . ..so i did it for a long time.
    all the fairtale people i did. . haha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• poop!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• pee pee
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• We put money in some and candy in some. The kids in our family hunt eggs through high school. It's funny because the little kids will open eggs and say, Aw, its only money and the big kids will say Aw, its just candy. LOL!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i stopped when i was 11. ...i cant remember when i realized there was no easter bunny. ...but i think i was closer to the age of 7 or 8.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2009