my self-esteem has plumeted since ive given birth...

i gave birth about 2 months ago, and my self esteem has gone downhill extremely.
I used to always feel really great about myself. My looks, my personality, i just felt good about myself. I love being a mom, with all of my heart wouldn't change it for the world! Since i have given birth though, all of this has gone downhill...and fast!
i feel ugly, unattractive, and my personality has even changed.

i want to feel great about myself again, i want to feel attractive and pretty and feel good about myself!

Are these normal feelings to have?? What can i do to have my self esteem back??? im sad all the time from it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is normal to feel a certain amount of i'm not me anymore, which is how i felt when i had my daughter, but if it is affecting you so much that you are sad every day about it, than i would mention it to my doctor in case it has moved to postpartum depression
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Is it possible that you may have post partum depression?

Walking is great for losing weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• im actually just one size above my pr pregnancy weight... its just my lose skin that is mostly irritating me. but its not really my weight and stuff, i just want to FEEL beautiful and i REALLY dont...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• take some you time, take a bubble bath, wear something fun underneath your regular clothes, put on a little makeup every day, do little things like that, and you should slowly start feeling beautiful again
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• you are beautiful! you have to tell yourself that and that you are worth taking time on, that you deserve to feel it!!! you just gave birth, that makes you even more beautiful. do you have anyone to talk to about it? there are groups for post pregnancy, you should try to talk or go out for mommy time. i hope you feel better soon!
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• OMG maybe you have that postpartum depression .Your body goes threw dramatic changes during and after pregnancy .Those marks are your badges of honer for bringing a beautiful baby .If its your skin your worried about use Maderma it will help reduce those .Your boobs there are exercises that can bring them back up .And since it was so recent that you gave birth loosing the baby weight is easier .I know being a momma is very exhausting .But make 30 Mins in a day to do some crunches when your baby gets older you can do them with the baby .I would sit my baby on my belly and do my crunches and when i would reach the top i would go BOO and  he laughed.Also tell your family what you are feeling sometimes there encouragement and give you a lift of how you see your self

hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• OP HERE>.....

i can talk to my famiy aboutit, but my 2 sisters and my mom have amazing bodies and are gorgeous.... i feel like i have to compare to them and dont measure up to them at all.
    its hard when the people you are around the most are so beautiful, perfect bodies, outgoing, perky, and happy... and you feel like the dirt on the ground...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I feel the same. I gave birth almost a year ago though. I'm not necessarily sad, but i'm very self-conscious now. I never was before! I was always confident, outgoing and felt attractive, and I was content with my personality as well. Lately I feel completely opposite from those things. I'm fine when i'm at home, but whenever I go out, I feel fat, unattractive, and like i'm obnoxious or something.. idk. I'm single, and very unhappy with my situation, having to live with my parents and all, but I think it's just because i'm different now. My body is different, my outlook on life is different, I have a completely new side to myself now, and it's because i now have the outlook of a mother. I think it's definitely normal to take time to get used to that, your not the same anymore, your a mom now, forever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• oh honey... We all feel your pain.. but don't worry about it we have all felt this way.. our bodies are different after we have babies, wefocus on other things and not on our selves. were just lucky if we get to sleep. You'll get your sexy back. your body took nine months to change its going to take nine to get it back!!!! So Hang in there, Your man will think your sexy because you gave birth to a beautiful baby...
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I'd suspect PPD too. Go talk to your doctor - either your OB or your regular doctor. If it's just normal blues brought on by the huge changes in your life, talking to someone may help. If it's PPD, you need medical help. You're worth it! Your baby is worth it. Please call on Monday morning.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2009