Im Doing the right thing... right?

So my ex admitted today (after months of being a jackass and using me) that he still has feelings for me. Ever since he left though hes been in several relationships and keeps coming back to me for "play time" It didnt make any sense...and the more i was okay with not being with him, the more i let go, the more he wanted me and the more he tries to keep me dangling...Well today i took a stand...he has a new g/f who ive never met...probly wont meet for a while and its usually really hard for me to tell him no when he wants to "play" but i had a talk wit him about being true to his new g/f....and i said no.I know how much she means to him and how happy she makes him and ya-ilove him and want him to be happy so i told him NO because i want to be a real friend and dont want him to mess things up...Im trying to take control of my life, and be a good friend....I did the right thing by taking a stand right? even tho i still love him?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 12:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• yes you did, it hurts but if you do end up back with him, some trust might be lost. i think you did the right thing. "playing" is a privalage of any relationship.good for you!
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 12:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yes you did the right thing, although I dont know how much he "cares" about his new girlfriend. I know it is hard when you love someone, but you might want to re-evaluate if you truly want to be friends with someone that obviously has no sense of fidelity.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think you did the right thing. But I don't know how much she means to him if he's coming to you for play time.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• yes you did the right thing. Now keep it up or he'll keep using you.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yes you did the right thing, There is no way he really cares for any of you though. Any man that continually cheats on his girlfirends is not someone that cares about their well being.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think you did the right thing by telling him no and that you just want to be friends. My thing is an ex is an ex for a reason. We all want to be loved, its how that person treats you and how you want to be treated. And I dont believe in cheating, if one wants to cheat then he/she shouldnt be in a relationship to begin with. As hard as it is dont give in but be there for him just as a friend.
    jadedbug

Answer by jadedbug at 10:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I too think that you did the right thing! Good for you on taking control of your life... Sometimes it is hard to say no when someone is showing a little attention, event though deep inside you know it is just for some "funtime" . And especially I think it is awesome that you took the other girl into consideration... Not many girls would do that, and you should feel good about yourself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009