Question about free clinics.

I don't have insurance.

I pay to go tot he Doctor if i'm sick enough that I need to.

I have a suspicios mole on my arm, and it's making me nervous.

Do you know if free clinics do biopsy's?

My kid's get CHIP, but we make too much for me to qualify for any kind of medicaid. The company we work for doesn't have medical except for managers..I think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Health

• In our town, we do have clinics that are based upon income. If you don't have an income, I believe they are free. Yes, they serve all the purposes that a regular family physician would. Removing a mole and having it biopsied would be something they would do for you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thank you! That gave me a little piece of mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Worst case, any ER can set you up with lab work, etc. Also, most teaching hospitals operate a free or nearly-free clinic and would love to get ahold of a case that isn't a case of the sniffles.
    hilbilimac

Answer by hilbilimac at 8:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2009