Are we drawn to each other, or are there simply more of us than we think? ( for pagan mommies)

In one of my local moms groups I met a lady who is starting her photography biz and needed a pregnant mommy to take some photos to put on her webpage, in exchange for the CD and a free photo session. So of course, I jumped on it, and we did the shoot today and it was awesome weather and it went very well. Anyway, she and I were talking and she asked me about the pentacle wreath on my front door. She wanted to know if I was Wiccan or some other type of pagan. I laughed, that wreath has gotten a lot of attention from ladies in my Sept 2009 prego groups in several forums, moms wanting to know where to get one. Anyway, I had sent her a photo of myself so she could see what my belly looked like, and the wreath was in the background.
cont...

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 12:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• So, I told her that I was not Wiccan, but I rather preferred the term "non denominational pagan" LOL because I really don't like putting labels on my beliefs and I am just too lazy to follow any one set belief system. She laughed and agreed that she was the same way. But turns out that she used to practice, and is basically another "non denominational pagan" (if there is a better term for it someone please let me know....my term just describes it well for me).
    And then I got to thinking how I have been meeting a lot of moms out there, not in cafemom, who are also pagan. Then that got me thinking how I often hear Christian moms (not on hear, but ones that I actually know) claim that Jesus or God makes things happen for them, and it made me laugh a bit because I thought, Hey, if I was like those women then I'd be saying "Jesus arranged this." She had mentioned that she mediated once and that led her to some great things cont...
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• in her life but that some of her family, who are very Christian, believed it was the devil talking to her and God made it something good. I don't know, it is late and now I am just rambling....
    My question is: Do you think we are just drawn to each other, by that I mean people of the general Pagan belief system? Or are there simply many more of us around than it seems?
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 12:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• um. Eclectic Pagan is the term i usually use.
    I think both. I think we are drawn to each other AND that there are more of us out there then anyone really knows. ..i mean, it's not like we walk around in black cloaks and high pointed hats. lol. we look like everyone else.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I do think we are drawn together somehow.. I'm a beginning Wiccan/Pagan. For me, I realized that fellow Pagans were popping out left and right. Helping to steer me in the right direction and away from the wrong although I am still in dire need of guidance or a teacher lol.
    As OutstangingLove said, we look like everyone else.. looking at me, you'd never know I was Pagan :D
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Another eclectic Pagan here, and I really think there are a lot more of us than we ourselves, or anybody else, realizes. I just wish there was some secret handshake or something so we could recognize each other on the street, because I love my on-line Pagan friends, but would like to meet some in person!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I am a Pagan too. I think we are drawn to eachother as well as growing in numbers. I know I wear my jewelry out but as for my clothing you couldn't tell...I look like everyone else.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think it's like the car thing - you buy a car, suddenly you notice how many other ones of the same make and model are on the road. Once you study a different religion, you start noticing all the little cues from others that you would never have noticed before.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Because birds of a feather will always flock together!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Im eclectic.
    I think there are more of us out there than most realize. I think there are some things that seem to connect us in a bigger picture kinda way and so sometimes that will draw us together.

I love when I meet someone I can connect with and didnt even realize it til we had chatted for a bit or something silly comes up and we agree,etc.

I think its great. I dont know any pagans in real life. Mainly around me are christians of various denoms.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Umm... Eclectic Pagan is the propper term dear. I am also eclectic! We do tend to be attracted to one another but I think it's for a very simple reason, we all have similar interests, and habbits. When you find some one that doesn't agree with you, you don't talk with them... So when you find some one that DOES have similar interests you're attracted, it's usually only later that you find out they are pagan...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2009