I am due in a month or two and don't know what to take to the hospital?

myheart3

Asked by myheart3 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Health

• When i went to the hospital i was 2 months early! i had nothing!! Things i made my husband go home and get was...my phone charger, Slipper are the best! a brush, Shampoo and body wash (hospital has some but it was all baby stuff) toothbrush, book/mags, cd player, portiable dvd player. i was in the hospital for a week. didnt need anything for the baby cause me was in nicu he got out 2weeks after me. so anything you need, clothes. hope that helps alittle
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• oh yeah and a camra i didnt have one :( but when my mom came she took some pics...also for the baby you can bring a outfit to come home in. blankies if you want but the hospital will have stuff for the baby
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• a robe, i was freezing and when you have to get up to walk around if you aren't fully dressed you'll want to cover up a bit. slippers def. underwear (nothing too nice since you will be bleeding alot) but they give these mesh type things that are so ackward and uncomfy. makeup (if you are gonna have visitors and dont want to look like you haven't slept in days) a phone card (so you can call people from your room and you can talk instead of your SO having to step outside every time there is a call to make), clothes that fit when you were 4-6 months preg to go home in, a book, snacks for SO, and if your SO will be staying overnight with you than stuff for him to wear too and deodorant for him too...i was in for a week as well so i ended up having to send him to the store for stuff (we lived 45 mins from the hospital)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• also dont forget your car seat
    jennyf_86

Answer by jennyf_86 at 2:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• What I have packed is:
    A robe, chapstick, bathroom stuff (shampoo, conditioner, bar of soap, brush, tooth brush), Magazines, game boy to kill time (lol), clothes to come home in for baby and me, numbers of family and friends to call, and some other things that I can't seem to think of lol
    Oh yeah the car seat is fastened in to the car already. I'm 36 almost 37 weeks so I can go in like anytime now. lol
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• phone, phone charger, camera (and camera charger if it needs one..film if it needs that), your favorite relaxing music and your MP3 player if you have one...music helps a LOT during labor and after!

i also made a list of things that I couldn't exactly pack ahead of time, like pillow, toothbrush, whatever. in a pinch, this list will help you and/or hubby when the time comes
    hilbilimac

Answer by hilbilimac at 8:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009