bras...

who makes a good cheap supportive bra? i'm 34 weeks and my bras are once again cutting into my back and killing me after 10 mins, im sick of unhooking it to drive down the road!!! so i want to know who makes a good one that will be comfy and supportive. i need something around a 40/42 D. i have found for some reason the larger the # size the harder it is to find larger cup sizes...so help please

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 1:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just my size (jms) they are really supportive and comfy. they sell them at walmart and they go all the way up to a DDD that's what i wear. Hope this helps some.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I am not sure; but I got a strapless one.. it's the same size I wore before I got pregnant, thank good-ness I didn't get any bigger. :D
    ~ sorry I'm no help, but strapless help me . . It's easier to function. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• thanks jnsdrf, i'll have to go check out walmart
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Try a maternity store-- they have the bigger sizes, and they also have bra extensions so if your cup size doesn't change, just the strap size, then you're all set! Also, the bigger the bra size, usually the more expensive-- not necessarily so at a maternity store. I feel your pain-- I've gone from a 36 D to a 38 E, and I'm only 16 weeks along, and I'm afraid of where I'm going to be when I'm finally nursing. But I found lots of bigger sizes at the maternity store, and they are quite comfortable.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• go to motherhood..i bought a good nursing bra for $18
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• motherhood maternity all bras are 18$ all sizes too, and they measure you so it fits right. A tip I learned is make sure the cups on a nursing bra(if you are going that route) have room to let out. So basically right now, buy it and make sure its on the tightest hook and can be let out as needed, prevents having to go rebuy them. Walmarts bras, are the smae price or more, and they dont last as long support wise...imo.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have found that sports bras are the most comfortable.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 4:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• If you are going to nurse, why don't you go ahead & get nursing bras. This way you can wear them before & after birth. I just bought 3 from MotherHood. I'm not big at all...36C...but I like them because they are soft w/ no underwire, yet suppportive at the same time. They have regular maternity bras too.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 8:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• If you done want to spend the extra money but the cup size is fine just the other part is not, you can go to walmart and buy extenders. The hook onto your hooks and just adds extra length. You can usually find them where the crafts are. Thats what I did everytime I out grew a bra but the cup size was fine. The cost no more than 2 dollars usually and are great.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2009