Why are there character limitations for answers? Anybody else annoyed by this?

Busimommi

Asked by Busimommi at 1:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It kind of makes sense because they want you to do a journal if you have a thought that doesn't fit here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I've been asking about it ever since I started coming to the question area. The powers that be have YET to answer my question. And then THEY LOWERED THE LIMIT!! It used to be a full 1000 characters.

I find it very annoying because there are some questions which canNOT be answered in 940 characters. Then, while you're typing the second half of your answer, someone else posts so your answer is split and it makes it harder to follow through the thread! Stupid in my mind.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• A lot of times people include details that are not important so I always try and keep it short if I have a lot to say. But if I get the over the limit error I copy half of what I worte then delete it. Post the first half then paste the second then post it. I understand why they do it.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2009