Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what test do they take

I have been ttc for 4 yrs already but no luck . I have never seeing a fertility specialist because i thought eventually i would get pregnant but time flew by and now my son is almost 7 yr old and I think its time to see a dr. ( i'm 26 yr old) my question is anyone gone through secondary infertility what should i expect like in the test they do about how long does it take for me to have answers. I just want to know everything will be okay and eventually I will be able to conceive naturally or with fertily drugs but I'm hoping nothing too invasive.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (1)
  • We have secondary infertility. They've done blood tests and intra-vaginal ultrasounds to check for cysts. We figured it out from there so we didn't go further. Some doctors won't bother with a semen-analysis when you have children already. They may want to do an HSG which is where they inject dye into the uterus to check and see if your tubes are blocked. Those are just the general tests they do to start off with.

    Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.