Did anyone not know they were pregnant till there last trimester?

I just want to know if it happen to anyone else.I didnt find out i was pregnant till i was about 7 months.I had no symptoms and didnt gain weight till about when I found out I was preggo.I had really irregular periods.I was working out and notice I wasnt losing weight and would be really tired.And since Im on the thick side I never thought I would get pregnant.I did drink and smoke while pregnant but thank god my baby boy came out good and to top it off i only had 2 months of prenatal care.Scary!But now my babyboy is 6months and a big healthy boy!

jordansmommy310

Asked by jordansmommy310 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My Mom had that happen to her with one of my younger brothers. It was shocking and upsetting because she had been doing things she'd never have done while pregnant (gone out drinking, smoked, etc). My brother ended up being born with some problems and they are long term but all in all he's a smart little guy and they aren't going to keep him down. He's ten years old, now.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• *shrugs* when I see this ...I mean how could you not know? I understand irregular periods and such .....but if your sexually active you know there is that possibility....I knew at 5 weeks. I am glad you have a healthy baby boy though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• It's what happen to me,
    I thought I was just stressed from everything... because before I ever had sex I stopped for like 4 months. I had no swelling, cravings, cramping, or any symptoms..
    Then my aunt was like "Your getting a belly" and I thought it was because I was eating finally (before I moved to my aunts I was living in bad conditions&had no food)
    Then she took me to the doctors and long behold, there's a little baby in me.. 7 1/2 months into my pregnancy. My boyfriend said around 5 1/2 months that I might be.. because he lifted my shirt and I had a pack on little and my belly was hard.. but I didn't believe him..
    but I am happy now.. I told myself I'd NEVER have kids.. ~ but I'm happy my baby boy is comming in a about a month and a half. :)
    Luckly I ate healthy, I hate junk food, I like green stuff a lot!
    The doctor was shocked to realize that I have a health baby goin' since I had no pre-stuff.. and of my age.
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 2:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• There are quite a few things that can cause someone to not realize. For instance, my mother had just had one of her ovaries removed so she wasn't having periods as it was. My brother grew up into her ribcage so she didn't grow a belly (the same happened with my son, but I caught on early. Wore my regular jeans throughout pregnancy.) There are also cases where the placenta grows at the front of the uterus, restricting fetal movement so that the mother rarely ever feels anything at all. This can be quite dangerous, though, as it can prevent the fetus from moving into the correct position for birth. There are too many possibilities.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 2:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Oh yeah little I wasn't hating...just its like how do you not know. Yeah I have a anterior placenta and it took til about 7 months to feel my LO one move...I did prior but it mostly felt like gas. Oh as long as these children are born without major problems then its all good. Just I wish one would realize it earlier on....but I understand why some don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Kaiithegreat MY BOYFRIEND WOULD ALSO TELL ME I WAS PREGNANT BUT NEVER PAID ATTENTION.I HAD A SOMEWHAT OF HARD STOMACH.NO ONE CAN TELL I WAS PREGNANT.
    I ALSO ATE GOOD,.
    jordansmommy310

Answer by jordansmommy310 at 2:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• All I felt at around 6 months pregnant was like gas in my stomach.I didnt really feel my baby move.
    jordansmommy310

Answer by jordansmommy310 at 2:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• "Kaiithegreat MY BOYFRIEND WOULD ALSO TELL ME I WAS PREGNANT BUT NEVER PAID ATTENTION.I HAD A SOMEWHAT OF HARD STOMACH.NO ONE CAN TELL I WAS PREGNANT.
    I ALSO ATE GOOD,."
    Yeah, it's weird being told you're pregnant by the guy who got you pregnant and they rarly know anything about being pregnant! lol

"All I felt at around 6 months pregnant was like gas in my stomach.I didnt really feel my baby move." Same here, it's weird how some people feel it move/flutter 2-3 months into their pregnancy..
    Kaiithegreat

Answer by Kaiithegreat at 4:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Just curious- what do you mean by this- "And since Im on the thick side I never thought I would get pregnant?"

Is there a misconception out there that heavier people cannot get pregnant? I have never heard that before.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 5:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Bella, your chances of getting pregnant will greatly decrease if your BMI is too low or too high. Extremely underweight girls will also run into trouble if TTC
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2009