Can I ask my doctor for specific brands of vaccines?

I know I CAN ask my doctor, but is it a reasonable request? Like getting the brands that don't contain aluminum or possibly combo vaccines?

doubleyouteeeff

Asked by doubleyouteeeff at 2:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes you can. they can order it and insurance should cover it :) if they wont work with you, find one who will.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• they dont do ones without aluminum because they dont make them that way unfortunate right? but you can ask about separating the combo vaccines.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You can ask, but they don't have a whole lot of choice. Usually the practice orders a certain kind. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• yes you can ask. and if your doctor doesnt carry it you can delay the vaccine until you find a doctor that does carry it. ...i need to learn more about the different brands.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You can ask and have them spread out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You can ask for them seperated. You can also ask for specific brands and your doctor might be even more compelled to order if you have a friend(or two or three) who also uses the same doctor and would be willing to request the same brand as you.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009