need your support ladies :*( seen a baby fall on her head today :*(

we was at walmart and we came around the corner as I looked up I seen three ladies one pushing and the other two looking on the shelf. The little girl about two maybe three was standing in the cart at the end and fell out! I seen her head hit...head the boom then her body came down ontop of her and I heard a snap! I started crying instantly...ran over and beforeI could tell them not to pick her up they snatched her up. The baby scream when her head it but stopped instantly when her body hit. She wasnt breathing I explained for the to put her down and hold her neck still..I would call 911 and I know cpr not certified but I could have helped with the 911 on the line! They picked her up and ran away screaming. I am so distrot right now and hubby is not understanding why. They probably killed her by picking her up....she never screamed again or cryed after they touched her the whole way out of the store :*(..

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG I am so so sorry ((((HUGS))))
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 2:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• OMG I would be so worried that they just took her home and brushed it off. It may be too late now but I still would have called the cops. I dont know what I what have said, as I'm assuming in this situation you have no information on these people. Goodness, I really do hope those parents took her to the ER right after
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 2:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• wow i dont know what i would have done.. I would have been so scared also and started praying is what i would have done hope she is ok
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Walmart called 911 but they were running threw the store screaming for help cause she wasnt breathing and I was trying to help them....by them not listening it could have been her life or her death that is bothering me! My mama always says not to touch them when they fall on their heads to let them get up cause of possible spine damage! I told her to lay her down she was about to and I was about to call 911 and help but she realized she wasnt breathing and ran with her which probably did more damage!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 2:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• So was the little girl alright?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i do not know...they left before we could get out to see. I pray she is but I do not think so...she wasn't breathing the entire time...
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• OMG, I am sooooooo sorry you had to go through that. You said Walmart did call 911? If they did, the cops WILL find that little girl. Even if the little girl wasn't taken to the e.r., I am sure Walmart has security cameras and the cops will use those and find them. You did all you could. Just watch your local news and see if there is a story on it tomorrow or the next day. And it will be a "do you know this woman" story if they haven't founf her yet.
    -Ashley
    P.S. Good job on your part for at least trying to help. Do you know how many people would have (and proably did) stood by and did nothing?
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thanks ashely..I know there were people gossiping amongst themselves about what happen and all I could do was stand there and cry asking why she didnt just let me help. I wish mommies would never put their children in the shopping carts ever!!! My mom works at walmart and tells me these stories happen all the time its ridiculous I will never put my son in one again even though Ihold him NEVER...too risky...I am getting him one of those cute little backpacks with the leash on it now.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• oh my goodness. im sorry you had to go through that as well. please keep usupdated if you find out anything on that little girl.
    bare121807

Answer by bare121807 at 3:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• This disturbs me greatly!!! I will probably have nightmares... Im so sorry for you and that baby girl! I just can't understand how the mom could have been so reckless...specially after the little girl fell!?! I don't think I want to know if she didn't make it.... I don't handle storys about children being hurt or killed because of neglagence sp.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2009