Would you be pissed if your husband did this to you?

We have a 4 month old who normally does really well with sleeping. He falls asleep every night around the same time and stays asleep all night. So the other night when he woke up around midnight and wouldn't go back to sleep was odd. We have a small apartment and he sleeps in the room with us. Dh had to work early the next morning so I took baby out to the family room and closed the bedroom door. Our baby wasn't crying or being very loud, he was just cooing and making cute, happy baby sounds. A few minutes later dh came out of the room mad and said, "WHAT THE HELL!! I am trying to sleep!" and then he went and slammed the bedroom door. I wanted to be warm in bed sleeping as much as he did, but I did the considerate thing and took the baby away from him so he could sleep because he had to wake up early. But instead of seeing that he was mad at me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah that would probably make me a little pissed. Thankfully hubby doesnt do that to me. He actually has only gotten up with DD 5-10 nights since she was born. She is now 8 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Wth.. I understand.. But I dont. You were trying to help. uhh. men. Lol.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 2:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• yes, i would be upset. ...talk to him about it. chances are he was just tired and moody. ...but maybe there is more then one solution to the problem.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My ex did that too me all the time! Pissed me off so much
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• my DH did that once. the next time our daughter woke up like that and i kept her in the room and let her cry, then he woke up and was like hello i'm trying to sleep. i said ya really i want to sleep too and last time i took her downstairs you bitched b/c you could still see her at least this way i get to stay in bed. he took the hint and has never ever complained about sleep schedules, or anything like that
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• wow dont know what I would do if that happen to me... I mean ya my hubby has gotten upset but he wakes up and helps...still! and he was up 4:30am and not home till 6:30pm hard days work but he knew he had fun making the baby...so he should have fun taking care of the baby!!! or at least understand that .....unfortunately it will happen again!!!
    mandi59901

Answer by mandi59901 at 3:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Wow! Sorry to hear that. My husband has never and will never get upset if the baby wakes up, crying or happy. Half the time he gets up with the baby so I can sleep. Maybe he was just really tired and didnt' realize what was going on..I don't know, it's not really an excuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• ya, i'd have been pissed. if it was my hubby, chances are he would have gotten a wake up call with a cup of cold water.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I would have been upset at his behavior, but I really don't think he was mad at YOU.

He was mad the baby was awake, that he was awake, that he couldn't go back to sleep, etc...but I really don't think he was mad at you (based on what you wrote)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I would be totally pissed! What he did was really immature, it's not like you can tell the baby to be quiet!

emf6874

Answer by emf6874 at 7:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2009