Does this happen to anyone else?

The night before a day where you have to wake up earlier than usual is the night you cant sleep at all? Or the night when you finally have peace and quiet---LO is sleeping good, sleep just wont come.
Counting sheeps wont help.
Watching TV wont help.
Going on Cafemom and boohooing about your sleeplessness wont help.
Pooey.
lol, I need some sleep obvious.

Do you find that the nights where you really should be getting that sleep you just cant??

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes and then when you FINALLY do get that feeling where you are comfortable and feel like you are going to finally fall asleep,.... a little ALARM goes off called your baby and wakes you up. lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• OMG Ive been having the same problem lately too... Its more then when I know I need to get up though lol.... I cant wait to see some answers!!
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 3:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I've decided that this is a disease lol. But instead of just being when I have to wake up early, it's EVERY NIGHT. I usually don't go to bed before 3am! And the worst part is I don't even have the baby "alarm" because he sleeps til noon! It's a vicious cycle..
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 3:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yes!!! Tonight is one of those nights. I have this long day ahead of me tomorrow. And I can't sleep for nothing!!
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 3:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yep...its one of those nights tonight. I have a feeling sunrise service at church isn't going to happen. All the other Easter services are WAY to crowded. So Dh and i will probably just do our own worship at home tomorrow.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Wow that happens to me ALL the time, I thought I was the only one. I can't sleep most of the time anyways.. or at least not for an hour or so.. but the night before a doctors appointment or I have to go somewhere, or someone important is coming over like the landlord, etc.. I can't sleep. It NEVER fails. It happened just the other day, I finally started to feel like I could sleep, and 4 am.. the baby gets up 2 minutes later.. OMG I was SOOO mad lol. Hubby is like.. "I just don't understand what you're complaining about, you stay home all day and you can sleep whenever you want"... yeah sure.. I'll just whack our son over the head with a giant cartoon mallet like they do on Bugs Bunny.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 3:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I suffer from this all the time and have been checked for sleep insomnia. Turns out this is an effect from me being bi-polar. When I take my meds, and given time to get used to them, I sleep on a more regular schedule. Stress also has a lot to do with it. Exercising helps me to shut down my racing engines. Journaling and increasing my life's balance (so much time to work, church, family, volunteer) and meditating (listening to God's answers or merely letting my subconscious worries become conscious). Last, but certainly not least, sex is a heavy narcotic! LOL

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I don't have a LO but I have a DH! His sleeping is affecting my sleeping because if he is up he wants me up. And if he is sleep, I usually can't sleep. And if I am asleep when he wakes up guess what? He will find a reason to wake me up--can't find something, light on, doors closing...Ughh! Thanks to CM I can find something to do until the sleep returns!
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 5:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Quite ironic that I find this question @ 5:34 Easter morning and I HAVE NOT GONE TO BED!!
    I can never sleep the night before any "big" day. :(
    I call it being on crack mode ;)
    I'll feel like dog crap tomorrow,
    Happy EASTER!!
    tisha78

Answer by tisha78 at 6:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one lol.  I always have trouble falling asleep.  I find a few things that do help are warm milk, camomile tea and calcium and magnesium supplements.  The calcium and magnesium supplements really work well for me.  I take one about an hour before bed and I'm usually asleep within an hour (which is really fast for me).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2009