i have a question i been having difficultes taking my son pacifier off , i already going to 3 can any one give me some feedback

msoliz34

Asked by msoliz34 at 3:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• whe my nephew turned 3 he still had his pacifier and she told him now that youre 3 we have to give your pacifiers to the babies because they need them more because they are little. and he agreed, he gathered them all up on his own and put them in their mail box to "send them to the babies" and he hasnt asked for it since.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thats what I was going to suggest. I've heard of the pacifier fairie from another mom as well!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• we started by taking it away unless he was laying down. what 3 yr old really wants to lay down all day? so once we got it to only nap/bedtime we just started waiting longer and longer till we got up and brought it to him.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• He's three. Just take it away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You can snip holes in the ends. Most kids don't like the way they feel when you do that.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i threw all my sons pacifiers away back in January he hasnt thought about it since. He is going to be 3 in a few weeks and i figured it was time for him to be off of it so i waited till a time that he was gone at grandmas house and went through everything and threw them away and then when he asked about them i just told him that they went to another baby who needed them more. it actually worked.
    mcoche08

Answer by mcoche08 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• ohh and what ever you do dont let them see you do it cause if they see where they are going then they will dig them out and use it all over again.
    mcoche08

Answer by mcoche08 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Well, I think my 6 yr old had the right idea, when my youngest turned 2 she declared that she was too old for pacifiers, went around the house and threw them all away. . . I didn't stop her cause honestly, it was time. . . she (my 2 yr old) threw one giant fit. . . and hasn't touched one since!
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 6:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i did it cold turkey at about 2 yrs. it was really hard on me - but she did it. i waited probably longer than i needed to. we dropped it behind the bed by accident (almost impossible to get it out without moving the bed) and i told her it was lost, and that was that. i had a friend who threw it out of the car window - haha!
    AngelaMichelle

Answer by AngelaMichelle at 6:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• take it away cold turkey..3 is waaaaaaaaaaay to old to have one!!!! ya he'll cry and whine and fuss..all you need to do is suck it up and deal with it for the first day or 2..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009