son ripped skin that holds lip to gum on upper lip HEL wont stop bleeding what do i do????

he 15months

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• first, calm dowm. give him a cool washrag to put there. if it really honestly will not stop bleeding i would call the dr on call for your peds office.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My son did that same thing just a few months ago, I panicked and hit the ER, by the time I got there (7 miles away) it had stopped bleeding. They looked at it and gave me a syringe to take home. They said to flush it after he ate and it should heal fine. If not, I was to bring him back or to his pedi. It did heal in about a week. I felt awful, and it looked horrible :( They told me at the ER that it would heal but wouldn't grow back like it was. It did, like they said, thank Goodness!
    Sorry your baby got hurt momma! HUGSSS to you both!
    tisha78

Answer by tisha78 at 6:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• omg i had the same problem with my son and it kept bleeding on and off for three days what i did was when it would bleed id water it down with this things that squared water out and i would put persure on it. he hated it but it stopped bleeding. and after awhile it stopped bleedin all at once. i do agree with the first respones but i never liked calling the doctor but you could call if your really worried.
    mommyofone0724

Answer by mommyofone0724 at 6:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thanks ladies..i called the doctor he said no er to jsut let it heal on its on. I was panicked cause i thought it might mess with his speech...thanks for the syringe idea i will do that
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• It won't mess with his speech. My oldest is the only one NOT in speech therapy, and he's the only one who ripped that piece of skin!! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• This happened to me when I was alot younger! I remember bleeding everwhere and my was freaking out! But after it quit bleeding I was fine and everything is good now. You would never guess that it ever happened.
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• OMG! MY SON JUST FELL AND THAT PIECE OF SKIN IS RIPPED!!!! THE BLEEDING STOPPED BUT WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SKIN??? WILL IT GROW BACK OR DO I NEED TO CALL THE DOCTOR?
    LovingMyTwoBoyz

Answer by LovingMyTwoBoyz at 10:57 PM on May. 24, 2009

• It will be fine...try to put a washcloth on it to stop the bleeding but it will stop and the piece doesnt really grow back but its okay.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:46 AM on May. 25, 2009

• ok thanks.....my poor baby couldnt sleep lastnight he kept waking up pointing to his lip it started bleeding in the middle of the night I put a washcloth on it and it did stop bleeding.....this morning it looks ok but yea the piece is just still there.
    LovingMyTwoBoyz

Answer by LovingMyTwoBoyz at 3:34 PM on May. 25, 2009