What is your 7-month old saying....or babbling?

My son used to say nananana and mamamama and now he is always saying dadadadada and gagagaga and a few other things, but no more mamamama! I know dada is easier to say, I'm just wondering if your babies are saying mama yet, and how often?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son first said mama at this age...then he said caca lol then it was dada then nana then gaga...sad I remember it all he's 15months now. It's so fun at this age to break out the flash cards of familiar things....then just work casually with him on it. He sounds right on track. :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Well my son is 16 months and he said mama only a hand full of times. He is always saying dada and kitty and some other words. but now the only time he says mom is when i'm not there or when he wakes up. Not he has never said to my face still.
    Nov2107

Answer by Nov2107 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I know he was saying mama, daddy, want milk, and cocoa. Those are in his baby book as things he was saying by 6 months. I'm sure there were more, I know he was saying 'num-num' when he ate something tasty not long after he started solids which would have been by 7 months.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Mine only says it when he's made cause I'm trying to do something and he's standing at the baby gate and he wants my attention.. Like if I'm fixing his food and he wants something then he will scream it at me but other then that he says Hi and dada and ya thats about it.. I've been working with him since he started cooing and babbleing..I did it mainly cause I hate something being wrong with him and he can't tell me what and I can't figure it out so I thought well if he talkes early then I wont have that problem lol I know silly but hey I'm trying
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Oh, give me a break. Babies do NOT talk at SEVEN months old. Yes, they may babble things that RESEMBLE words, but they are not actually associating these SOUNDS with things. Get over yourself, you don't have genius babies. If I was stupid, I could say that my daughter, who is 10 months old, has said 20 words, but I know better.
    Anonymous