can anyone help me find something to get rid of my sonx eczemz?

My son is 12 months and we have tried it all. Its getting so out of control. Hes currently on a gluten free diet, it seems to help some.

ZeVvelynsMom

Asked by ZeVvelynsMom at 8:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you talked to a dermatologist? I had eczema for many years and it actually just went away and im 21...dont know what helped. What kind of soap do you use, anything special for it? I had to change my son's soap cause he's getting it...GL sorry coulndt be more help
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• You might try going casein free as well. I know dairy can be a big trigger. How are you treating it?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/18283/babies_and_eczema_diet_detergent_factors.html

I went looking since it was for a baby and found this. I hope it helps some.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Have you tried the Baby eczema cream with Baby Winnie the Pooh on it? It worked for my son. We had to use a steroid cream too..
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I got rid of mine using an oatmeal bath special prep from the drugstore try it I hope it helps

Kathleen
    Kathleen1

Answer by Kathleen1 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I got this tube of stuff from my dermatologist when i had it. It worked well, talk to your pedi and maybe they can suggest a prescribtion for it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Use cortizone cream, its made to treat eczema, this is the time of year that a lot of babies will get eczema, just don't use fluctisone (not sure if spelling is right) its prescribed by the doctor but 1 of the side effects is burning, my dd would cry everytime I put the fluctisone cuz her skin was burning, but cortizone is great no burning just relief, gl
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Try Vicks Vavor Rub a couple of times a day. It worked for me!
    Ceceliamarie

Answer by Ceceliamarie at 11:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My Daughter has exzema and the doctor told me not to let her sit in the tub too long during a bath and that if at all possible a shower would be better. Also a good fragrance free lotion would be good to try too like Curel. Benedryl also helps some with the itching.
    krys1973

Answer by krys1973 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think you are on the right track about diet. I am a distributor for a company that has a detox product to rid the body of toxins and heavy metals. This can be done by drops given 3 times a day in water or juice. Can also be used topically. completely safe for him. all natural. message me if interested.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 3:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2009