have any moms ever tried a chemical staightner for your hair??

my hair is soooo puffy and i have some extra money so i was thinking about getting one. but i dont want one that lasts a week i want one that lasts a few months any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I tried the home straightner, I think Loreal makes it. Cost about $10. Last a few months. It definitely settles the frizz and puffiness of my naturally curly hair. I won't go to a salon to have it done, cost too much for the same results.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My hair fell out in clumps at first. It continued to fall out until it grew out.
    salamaat

Answer by salamaat at 10:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• omg...i used one i bought from a beauty salon, followed the directions and it didnot work...my hair broke off at the ends and i just had the last 3 inches cut off..i will never do that again...i will stick to using the flat iron cause that doesnt cause any problems....
    7ALLTOGETHER

Answer by 7ALLTOGETHER at 1:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Those things are really damaging to your hair. Just find you some straightening product in the shampoo aisle, and get you a good, hot flat iron aka straightener, and straighten it daily. When you get out of the shower let it dry some from the air. Then take a blow dryer and dry it. Brush it out as much as you can, then take the flat iron and straighten your hair in sections, also get some frizz ease by John Freida. It helps a lot.
    Anonymous

• I HAD MY DONE WHEN I WAS REALLY YOUNG WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT AND I LOOKED LIKE DIANNA ROSS IT TOOK OUT THE CURL BUT NOT THE FRIZZ! AND IT WAS SO EXPENSIVE!!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2009