Big tummy

My son's stomach is big. He's about 8 weeks old but was born prematurely at 29 weeks. The dr said this can happen with premature babies but I'm still worried. Has anyone encountered this before and what did the big stomach mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry to hear about this. I haven't heard about this, but a good option to get a good answer from mom's who have preemies, is to join the group for premmies. Then Im Positive you will get a few answers. Good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My daughter was a preemie ( she is almost 18 months) and she always had a big stomach and she is considered underweight. She is perfectly healthly and happy. I notice it gets bigger after she eats a lot or is gassy but I think that's normal for all of us. I asked the doctor and they said she was fine. I know it's really really hard having a preemie but don't worry. He sounds okay.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2009