Why can't they come for Easter?

Can I be hurt? My Daughter Emails me this... For Wednesday.. Can you make us all Lunch? Can I Borrow your Car? & return in on Thursday? Will you watch the boys 1&3 for 12 hours? We can't come by you on Easter. Since we're going To Grandma's, Her In Law's & Her Husband's Aunt's House! So Give us our Cards & Baskets At Grandma's or on Wednesday! Now I Love my Daughter & have done Everything for her. Our Baby! I Love/Adore the Grandsons & I shop & plan all year for Easter & Each Holiday! I Buy for my Married Daughter's & their Family's! I'm having A Bad Reaction from last night! No Electricity, no Breathing Air purifier Etc.. No Meds. Since DH & I are unemployed & am unable! I Scrafice all I can for my Family! I had to use an old expired inhaller 4X times & I am Weezing! I can't go to the ER. Etc.. But her Email seemed Cold & Hurtful to me! We do so Much & we're always left out! We live about 3 miles from her! Please Advise me!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• Wow that's confusing a bit. Can you just start fresh this Easter and say call me email me when you can be friends as adults since that's what we are? She'll do whatever she wants to do but you don't have to let her upset you so much. Send her back her email and say when you want a frieind tell me and we can probably work out a time to get together. But don't argue with her, that's what she wants to wear you down. You're not her employee you're an adult who's relationship needs to be good friends or good neighbors no matter the bloodline between you. Since my mom and I have kept with only good news of my kids we get alone a lot better. She desn't advise me and i don't ask for it. I started that. I told her I wanted to get along better and this is what we need to do. Come up with a plan to get along better and stick to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Oh and I'm very sorry for your finances and health. That's so hard. My daughter has asthma. Some CVSs and ShopRite Supermarkets have walk in inexpensive clinics. Can you get to any of them? Maybe call a social worker at a hospital and ask for help to get your meds or your county's health clinic for help? The county c linic is usually income level based. Don't be ashamed your medicine is important and husband is too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Had a hard time following your post.

You don't mention where the other family members are...if they are farther away and DON"T get to see your daughter and grandchild often, then sorry...they do get some precedence. You're three miles away...you can see them daily if you want.

My parents lived one mile from me. But they did understand when we put my MIL at a little higher priority for certain days, since she lived an hour away and doesn't drive. They saw us daily, she didn't.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• No. The other people who's homes they're going to are 2 miles Away & 3 miles Away Too!Most times they never ever acknowledge their Birthdays or Give any thing for any occasions. Now they make 3 times as much as we do! We do the most for them when ever they have A problem. We make th most sacrafices.. But get no appreciation. I'm DSorry I shouldn't be Asking I'm Weeping & unwell today & Let Down! Plus+ DH really Yelled at me for Bieng so Ill today! Having NO medical Care if I don't have A #10 Migraine or this Asthma uncontrolled I have other Issues Neglected!We don't have any Local Cost Local Clinics in my rural WI. Area.Thank you for the Caring Replies! Happy Easter To All!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• you are just like me I have one son and a lovely daughter in law and 2 great grandboys I do alot for them but I have to say no alot of the time I get tried of being hurt so I just say no when they want me to watch the boys I go somewhere else for me let get enough stuff from other people I take one day a month take the boys on my terms take them to a movie bowling to lunch to the dollar store read to them just show it is quality time but it is on my terms.
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 11:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Have you ever asked your daughter why she/they do this and explain to her that you're hurt?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Apr. 15, 2009