how can i heal my broken heart?

I just recently was rejected by a man who does not want a serious relationship with me - just sex-how can i get my heart healed?

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• By seeing him for what he is...a USER. To him, you were only a step higher than a blowup doll!

Don't be hurt...be ANGRY that you were not valued by this person. And in the future, as old-fashioned as it sounds...reserve sex for someone who shows he values you over time.

(I cannot believe how conservative I've gotten on certain things over the years!)

Answer by gdiamante at 10:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• sigh. That just is plain lousy bit it happens. I try to think of what I would advise my kids if they came to me in that same situation or if I found out even by accident. What would you tell someone who confided this in you? It's hard. I know. I once married and sex was the basis of our marriage and it didn't work out. If a relationship is promised only for sex or sex as payment for shopping, etc., I realized I could just as easily have been walking the streets. I didn't want that. And I wanted my kids to know what adult respect is. Think of what your kids are about - kids see and hear far more than we early on think they do. What is respect to you for you for your kids? Join groups that aren't about couples - volunteer in a hospital, in an animal shelter, food pantry.
    I'm getting better steering my self away from that demand. Libraries have great gatherings, you can go to a library in another town for more.4H too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Pick up yourself and carry on there is someone out there that will love and care for YOU and your CHILD/CHILDREN so keep your head up. It was'nt meant to be. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:27 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• It will take time. You can't expect it to just stop hurting in a week. And if anyone rejects you in the future for any reason, you may find yourself thinking about this. But remember, you have kids who need their mommy. They are always there for you. Spend some time with them. I know when i am feeling low, my kids have a way of picking me back up without even knowing it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure how you get over it really. I wouldn't need to get over that tho, I'd be really mad that he thought that I was the type of person who would be okay just being his booty call and that I'd be okay with him possibly having sex with other people, and that he thought for even a moment that I have sex with people that I'm not in love with.
    This man thinks you're trash, when he's the one that's trash for thinking women are or should be okay with that stupid arrangement.
    You are way better than that.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• omg, we're with the same guy? Time will heal all.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, I've been there. Hang in there. Time will heal you. And this is a learning experience, confusing sexual attraction for real affection. Next time you will see the signs earlier. For now, just keep busy, busy, busy. Girl, I'm in the same boat at this moment (just had a break up). It sucks.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2009