Anyone else get annoyed with the pushing of products?

I saw a post on here where a woman was asking for natural cleansers and some one from Avon came along to push it.

I don't use Avon, but if I did I would buy it without the referral of that person.

Then, it might because I have a headache and I am easily annoyed. =[

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I, too, grow weary of people on here pushing products and services when it's in a direct violation of the ToS! And because there is no moderation, nothing is done about it unless someone reports it so a lot of these people get away with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Well maybe you should turn your TV off and step into your world if you get annoyed that easy. Avon no i don't like there products either but life is to short to allow stupided shit bother me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• What does the TV have to do with cafemom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• if soemone asks i just tell them what i use and move on i dotn think i have ever pushed anything before . ya i thik that would bug me a ittle too .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I reported someone yesterday that had her business advertised in a whole bunch of areas that should not have been: kids, funny, and divorce places just to name a few. Normally I wouldn't but she had over 2500 ads placed!! I thought that was INSANE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I don't sell Avon or any product, but I think if done in a response to a question that it's OK for the Avon ladies to mention their products. If they get a sale then good for them. It may not be so much pushing their product as feeling that they have something that might help the poster. What makes me cringe a bit is the poster who is obviously selling something, starts a new post, and posts a link to their site.

Answer by Bmat at 10:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Well, the post I'm speaking of the original poster was talking about home-made products, not buying anything.

Btw, I don't have tv at all. We're deprived. =D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Wow... I hope you don't watch TV. Hon... this is the way of the world. ON cafemom, it is perfectly legal and fine to advertise your product if someone is asking for something you might be able to help them with... Don't worry, I completely checked it out and received a verification from cafemom. You CANNOT outright advertise, by asking a question in the answer section and then telling people to contact you.... They have to want to find a product or ask about something....

I suggest, if you don't like it, to not read it.... and take a Tylenol Hon, the day is just beginning!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have a business but I don't ever put up stupid posts in reply to something tangentially related. I hate that too. I also belong to many groups on LinkedIn and the other day someone was writing about being SICK of something on tv and another person replied that they should try an air purifier they sell because it reduces illness! COME ON! That's just ridiculous. I think of it as spamming realling.

I think we all see it all the time and it is annoying!
    gummylump

Answer by gummylump at 11:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yes, annoying. I saw that on here too. Someone asked a question and like three people were trying to sell he products. I guess this is a good way to get your business out here though.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 11:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2009