More of a request than a question........

I posted the other day about my White Blood Cell Count being abnormally high. After 3 weeks, it is still VERY high and the drs all seem to be at a loss. Outside of puking and diareha (sp) I have NO SYMPTOMS of any infection at all. No fever, or anything. I am 32 weeks pregnant though. At any rate, Last Monday, they did another Complete Blood Count and it's STILL very, very high. So they are sending me to a hematologist. I'm a little freaked out. Any support/suggestions that you ladies have to offer, I am willing to accept!!! I go see the hematologist on Wednesday. Fingers crossed that this is all just a fluke!

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Health

• let me know how it goes! i hope that you feel better
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thanks so much!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I'm not in the medical field so can't off any help, sorry. It sounds like an infection to me. Especially if you are having diarrhea and vomiting. I hope you feel better soon. Please let us know what they find out?

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• GOOD LUCK HOPE everything comes out good.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• No medical advice, but I can offer my thoughts and prayers that all is well. Hang in there and wait to see what the specialist says. I hope you feel better really soon. Let us know what happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• G/L hope all turns out to be well G/L with your soon 2 be baby too
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 6:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• A high white count indicates your body is fighting off something...that's part of what white cells do. When your white count is elevated, the first thing to do is look for sources of infection. Vomiting and diarrhea can simply come with the pregnancy, so they may or may not be symptoms that go "with" the elevated white count. Without an obvious infection source, an auto-immune or (sorry to use this word) cancer-related illness are the next things to eliminate. The hematologist (just studies blood and blood-component related illnesses) can do this for you. Probably a lot more bloodwork in your future.

I hope they find NOTHING and it's just a fluke!
    hilbilimac

Answer by hilbilimac at 7:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2009