Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

m/c at 6 1/2 SO much physical pain

I had a miscarriage at 6w 3d and now (day 3 since) I am in SUCH TERRIBLE gut wrenching pain! Is this normal or do I need to go see a doctor? I can't sleep, I can't pick up my 2-year old. I can hardly walk. It's almost like normal menstral cramping times 100!

Answer Question

Asked by EBeauty03 at 10:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Call your doctor, just in case. I didn't have a m/c, but after giving birth had terrible cramping pains for a couple days. But call your doctor and make sure.

    I am sorry for your loss.

    Answer by Bmat at 11:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • i had a 3 around that time and when i had them i was in so much pain i agree it was lie period cramps times 100 i do agree tho if it keeps happeneing you should tell your dr , they may need to do an ultra sound to make sure everything is coming out on its own .

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • Go to the hospital and get some percocet or vicodin get checked, then go lay down!

    Answer by Steff107 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • I had that intense pain for about a week after my misscarriage, but my Dr.'s prescribed some percocet and 800mg ibuprophan for me to help get me through.

    Answer by Tigress0717 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • Thank you all for your help. I went to the ER today and they gave me an anti-inflamitory shot which is helping a little and some perscriptions. They also found I had a UTI. I'm going to call my OB on Monday to set an appointment too. Now I just have to get out of pain and try to move on with my life after my loss.

    Answer by EBeauty03 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.