taking antibiotique during pregnancy...is it safe?

Hey ladies...I had to pull a tooth on wednesday and the dentist prescribed me Amoxicillin...I'm taking it 3 times a day and everytime I take it I wonder if it's safe for the baby...of course the dentist knew I was pregnant and I also asked my obgyn and she said it's ok...im still worried...everytime I take ot my stomach starts hurting alot...last night I could not sleep because of the pain....don't know if i should just stop....

AngelasMom2006

Asked by AngelasMom2006 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no dotn stop . yes it is safe i have taken amoxicillin pretgnant and not pregnnat and both ways it makes my stomach hurt . when you take it eat soemthing kinda heavy . i think it is one of the side affects. if it gets to bad tell your dr maybet hey can give you a different antibiotic
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• What she said, lol! It is safe, you just may need to eat a little something with it (bread, crackers). Also just fyi, in some people antibiotics can cause some diarrhea. Just keep well hydrated.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• thank you ladies...i feel a lil better about taking them now...thanks again and Happy Easter
    AngelasMom2006

Answer by AngelasMom2006 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2009