Potty Training

Ok, I really need help, I have 4 children from 3-19. My last one refuses to be potty trained, all the other children were trained at the age of 2. Sarah, my last one, is 3 and REFUSES to sit on the potty or toilet. We picked out special pants and potty, we tried the sticker thing. I am at my wits end, I have tried everything, she just loves her diapers. I even tried to tell her she can't swim in our pool or go to pre-school til she uses the potty, she doesn't want to hear it, and she really wants to go to school. Are there any new ideas out there for me to try to get her to train? Thanks

catzigx6

Asked by catzigx6 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell her that diapers are for babies and if she wears them then she will be treated like a baby. Treat her differently than you treat your other children, as far as feeding them and things like that. When she sees the older kids getting treats and grownup things maybe she will change her mind. OR you could try telling her she will get her favorite treat everytime she uses the big girl potty. lol sorry i dont have more ideas.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 11:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have tried everything with my son, and he's just over 4, he was born pre-mature, and might have some to do with it. I'm consistent with him daily on getting him to go potty. Even asked ped. twice, and said it will when he's ready.
    Anonymous

• I had a problem with my little girl. I was sooo annoyed i bought pull up and she just kept using them as diapers she'd even tell me mommy i pee in my diaper!!! Then i read somethings on potty training and it said to let her go around with nothing on and every 10 - 15 minutes ask them if they have to potty after i did that she was potty trained in like a week!! You can try it, it worked for me. At first I was't so sure about the naked thing but I didn't know what else to do!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I had sooooo much trouble with my son and his diapers. One day I was at the end of my rope. He would't poop on the potty and, as he was sitting there, he asked for a diaper to poop in. I told him I didn't have any diapers. He said, You're fresh outta diapers?" I told him yes and that I didn't have the money to buy any more diapers. He pooped in the potty and has every day since then (3 weeks now). Maybe try telling her that - hide the diapers of course. Maybe that will help.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 1:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2009