Is really REALLY bad muscle aches and pains normal when they are all over your body, not just in one or a few places?

I have been suffering for the last few days with REALLY intense muscle cramps and stiffness. Both my arms, both my legs, my shoulders and even my butt I swear! Everything hurts! It hurts to lift my arms and legs and nothing seems to be helping. Could this be a normal part of pregnancy? Or could this be something somewhat serious? I am seriously irritated and in pain.

kappleby

Asked by kappleby at 11:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Health

• Flu will do that to you. Call your OB and ask. I hope you feel better soon. I wonder if it could be a chemical unbalance- not enough calcium or something, but that is just a wild guess and probably nothing to do with reality.

Answer by Bmat at 11:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Do you have any fever? Chills? You may have the flu. I would see your doc on monday, just to be safe.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Definitely call your doc. I'm thinking flu, fibromyalgia, or lack of something (potassium, calcium, I don't know).
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Soounds like it could be the flu. Take Advil for the pain and drinks lots of fluids. I just got over this and I slept a lot, which helped. I am still a little achy but nothing like last weekend. You could call the doc on Monday and get checked out just in case. Hope you feel better soon.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Okay, this is crazy! My doctor asked me about it, because I was going through that, it turns out I was mildly depressed, which can make you soar all over like you need a constant rub down or something. I just had a baby, so he put me on an anti depressant, and it seems to be helping. Apparently depression can make your entire body hurt!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I know I had leg cramps sometimes and I was told to eat a banana. But yea you could have a touch of the flu or even depression. Talk to your OB on Monday so they can help you out.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2009