Okay, here's a question stemming from last night...

IF you believe in creation, why does that mean that there was no evolution? If you believe in the bible, it says that God took 6 days (those were 6 of his days, not ours) to create the earth and all that was on it... So why couldn't he have started the process, and even guided the process, but ultamately evolution happened?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:11 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in both. Plus, we have no idea what "time" is to God. Why would God need to see any kinda of restriction on time anyway? For him, everything happens all at once anyway. Since he knows all and sees all, it could all just be one thing to him.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I do believe in both as well. I don't believe he just poof and we are here. I think he planted the seeds, and nature took its course.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I also don't see why they should be mutually exclusive from one another. I see no reason why God could not create the universe, then let it evolve. Evolution could just be one of God's creation mechanisms.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• WHAT?!? No fight?? Oh, that's right, it's Zombie Jesus Day, all the hard core creationists are in Church...

I'm sure we'll hear from them soon!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• so answer me this: The Bible says God breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. it doesn't say he breathed into monkeys. us humans only have a living soul, animals are just there, they don't go to heaven or hell, they don't have a soul for it to go anywhere. how does this help the theory of evolution?
    Anonymous

• because he created a man and a woman who procriated, and so on and so on, not just a monkey
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I think you can believe in creation and evolution if you don't believe in the inerancy of scripture. But if you are a Bible believing Christian, you need to compromise your faith in the Bible or your belief in evolution to believe both. The theories of evolution contradict the Bible, let's be honest.

I think you need to look into both sides, and then choose. Don't try and decieve yourself into thinking you can believe two totally contradictory things. One of them has to be wrong.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I believe in the Bible, and I don't believe that we evolved. Just to clarify.

BTW, Sabrina, you crack me up!!! You wanted to start a fight, huh!? hee hee. Yeah I was at church and I just barely caught the terrible Zombie Jesus stuff right now. It was blowing up all day, and I missed it. It was probably for the best. lol.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:08 AM on Apr. 13, 2009