• In the Spotlight:

How can I get my 7 month old to take a bottle?

I have a 7 month old who has be exclusively nursing, but now my milk has dried up and I can't seem to get him to take to a bottle or sippy cup. I have had to resort to putting formula in his cereal for him to get his nuitriants.

LauraLudy

Asked by LauraLudy at 11:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you just have to keep trying..have you had someone else in the house try to feed him with a bottle? GL i have the same problem with my DD, she is 5 months and won't take a bottle but she will take a sippy cup .
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Do you want to relactate? It can be done, especially if it just happened. I'm curious as to why it happened, but it's none of my business, unless you want help relactating. Try a sippy. If you can find donor milk that would be helpful, he may just not like formula. Not uncommon with breastfed babies. Sorry mama.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• How about using an at breast supplementer? Even just a couple of times a day to get a few ounces in. Go to http://www.lact-aid.com/

It is very likley that you can get your supply back.  Will he still nurse? He may still be getting a little.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Are you using a nursing nipple or a regular one? Try the different nipples they have. My sister used the playtex nursers and thats all my niece would take. It feels more like a breast due to the soft nipple and how big the nipple is compared to the other nipples.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2009