m/c at 6 1/2 weeks...how do I know if everything "passed" ok?

Called my Drs office after my m/c and asked if I needed to come in. The nurse responded "Not if you think everything passed ok." WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?!? How do I know if everything "passes" ok?

EBeauty03

Asked by EBeauty03 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• did you have tissue come out is it still coming out ? if so then things are going ok . when the tissuse stops then shortly after that you shouldnt be bleeding . in all honesty if you are worried go to the ER that is what i did . it scared me with the pains i was having .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry. It's not happened to me but I definitely understand your frustration of being treated so bad. You deserve better treatment than that!!! I don't know if this group is still in existence, 'Resolve' a group like that could probably guide you. I'm sorry, hope you heal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2009

• If you are just bleeding normal, and not in a ton of pain, you are probably fine. If you have any rotten smelling discharge with huge blood clots, then go in.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Your doctor should order a blood test to be sure your HCG levels have returned to zero, If you are having any pain/cramps you should definitely be seen right away. (Of course this is just my opinion, however I've had 2 m/c, 1 ectopic and am finally carrying baby to term).
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• When I had my misscarriage I was told that it would be pretty obvious if everything didn't pass correctly. You would notice a much heavier amount of bleeding than would be normal for like a heavy period. My Dr.'s rule was to go to the ER if I overflowed a normal pad in less than an hour.
    Also like finallyamom said your Dr. should have you come in for blood tests to make sure your levels are returning to normal. Mine normally has patients come in every week to check their levels (he only had me come in every 2 weeks cause I'm alergic to metal. lol)
    Sorry to hear that your Dr.'s office wasn't as nice as they should have been and sorry for your loss. I know it's tough to go through. Lost my first baby at 12 weeks.
    Tigress0717

Answer by Tigress0717 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I had a mc in January at 6 1/2 weeks also. Doctor made me come in once a week for a blood test to make sure my hcg levels went all the way down below 5. I would call another doctor's office. My husband and I switched b/c we didn't like the way our questions were answered or our situation was handled by the first office. they also called me the wrong name.
    jessiepink

Answer by jessiepink at 8:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thank you all for your help. I went to the ER today and they gave me an anti-inflamitory shot which is helping a little and some perscriptions. They also found I had a UTI. I'm going to call my OB on Monday to set an appointment too. Now I just have to get out of pain and try to move on with my life after my loss.
    EBeauty03

Answer by EBeauty03 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009