did anyone...

Have a vag birth & get only a couple stitches & feel like you could have sex & had sex before the six weeks?.... I gave birth just about two weeks ago...

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your doctor says to wait, I would listen to him/her. I did have a vaginal birth and an episiotomy with several stitches. I waited till the normal 6wks time limit to have sex and it still was very tender. The doctor tells you to wait for a reason...and it's not only b/c of the stitches on the outside of the vagina. The inside is trying to heal also and if you mess with it, it could hurt and take longer to heal. So again, I would wait.
    Anonymous

• I did but my doc told me to wait 4 weeks and i did. it may be hard but you need some time to heal, at least do the minimum
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have a friend that had no stitches and was still told to wait 6 weeks. I'm not sure that the time frame is totally related to the number of stitches.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I will admit I did not wait the full six weeks, but I would be very careful if you have stitches, and don't let the semen get into you...don't want an infection or another pregnancy to soon do you? There are other ways to please your man and yourself with out actually having sex. I would wait as long as I could just to be healthy and safe.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 3:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009