Ok, so my son is driving me absolutely nuts!!

He won't stop crawling on me, he constantly wants me to hold him, he won't quit touching things that I've repeatedly told him not to touch -tv, computer , the stove!! I mean I feel bad because it seems like I'm always telling him no and smacking his hand but he just son't quit!! He's 18 months he know what no means, he just won't stop. I'm trying to finish a paper, and he won't let me. He thinks that all my attention goes to him, which most of the time it does. But I have to get this paper done and typed for tomorrow!! It's time like these where I wish me and his dad were together..I mean they have the same mentality, they could play together. Geez!!

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 1:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• he's a baby still, it's what babies do. there's no reasoning with them until about age three except to either give them free safe places to play loud and to play quiet and keep placing them there. i found it easier with each kid to keep what i don't want them to play with out of their way instead of constantly saying no. mine are now grown and at three for the last two is when they started practicing what no meant. earlier than that it was just a sound and an argument to them. of course safety and good health come first i didn't let them run and break things of ours or any where else. Stores and public were quiet places (shhhhhhh!!!!! repeated often). it's hard I know. get used to it though.
    Anonymous

• Flick his hand, I swear my mother-in-law told me to do this and I was so mad but one day my son was getting out of control and I did it and he stopped. Flick as in flick his hand with one of your fingers, don't swat him or anything but just enough to get him to realize it truly is a no-no! But as for bugging you, you should just give him a toy or put him in the high chair with some snacks to get your paper done. That is what I do with my 2 to get school work done. Or have someone watch him when you need to do school work, my husband watches them when I truly need quiet time and he's home. So maybe have a friend come over and watch your son. hope it gets better!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• If you have a playpen put him in it until you do what you need to do. If you have a high chair you could put him in it and give him toys or a snack to keep him busy. Try to direct his attention to something else like a toy or anything he can have. Does he have toys that make noise? Sometimes those are annoying to us but can be very distracting to kids:)
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 3:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• playpen, when he does stuff he has no buisness doin and u told him not too, playpen besides every mother need self time so for a little while each day playpen i just wish they made em for a 4 and 6 yr old mine drive me nutts to they just came in here butt naked!!!!! wow
    medic_mom242

Answer by medic_mom242 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Put him in a pack n' play or playpen, give him some of his favorite toys, and/or put a movie in for him (my son LOVES baby einstein to the point where it's hard to get his attention off od it unless it's turned off!)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2009