umbilical cord?...

Did anyones babies umbilical cord bleed before it feel off?... my little girls cord is bleeding a little around the bump. I called her doc. about it last night & she said as long as its clotting & not pussy its fine... but its bleeding in a new spot today... it doesnt look pussy.... but im nervous about it.... she is almost two weeks old.... is this normal?... i have been cleaning it with alcohol pads since she came home and it dried out her skin around the cord so the doc said i can use water.... so since last night i have been cleaning it with water... can it still get infected?....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sometimes it just gets pulled a little when it's starting to fall off and bleeds a little bit. My son's did that and bled a tiny bit after it fell off too. And like your doctor said, as long as there are no signs of infection, it should be just fine. It's not likely to get infected unless it's getting dirty and not being cleaned (like be peed or pooped on)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• trying using the medicated gold bond powder it dry it up and healed fast the what my midwife told me to use with my baby

evelyn334

Answer by evelyn334 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't put anything on it if I were you just let it dry on it's own and it will fall off...it's normal, mine did that too a couple days before it fell off.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My daughters did the same thing. Our pediatrician said to continue the alcohol to kill the bacteria and keep it dry. Its probably just rubbing on the clothes and pulling off. Don't worry it will be off soon enough then once it does fall off clean it daily until you notice no more dry patches.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2009