i just lost a son in december and i dont think that my oldest son is really grasping what has happened how can i help him to understand

robert was four months when he died from sids and hayden and him where very close know at times he calls other babies bubba which was his nick name for his brother. im worried that he doesnt truley understand what has happened

MornfulRevCat23

Asked by MornfulRevCat23 at 2:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am so sorry for your loss, start by talking to his peditrician about weather or not going and talking to a child psychologist. I found that when it comes to death try to be honest and to the point. And once again I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless.
    shoegal

Answer by shoegal at 2:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Sooo sorry for your loss. Believe it or not there are several books for children that deal with loss, death and grieving. I would get a few and read them together then try to talk openly about your feelings...he will hopefully open up to you to. Take care of yourself.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• he prob wont get it until he is much older?! sorry for your loss... its a hard thing to deal with
    shetibo

Answer by shetibo at 10:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008