DD's father never shows up when he's suppose to

My dd's father droppped her off early yesterday so he could get some things done. well he wanted to pick her up early today to take her to church. (he never goes to church) anyways, I had already made plans for easter for a few hours today. Well he threw a fit. saying how unfair it is, etc. he never gets her on time anyways, usually is about 3-5 hours late picking her up and brings her back early most days he has her. well my plans didnt go accordingly today. so we finished up early. got her hair ready..called her father to tell him he could go ahead and pick her up. he never answered his phone or replied to the texts I sent. shes been ready to go, getting frustrated, even though she's 2. I dont know what to do. I've told him if he cant get her on time, dont bother at all. But it's getting ridiculous. He gets pissed cuz he cant get her or has to wait, but when I try to get ahold of him. he's never available. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Holidays

• There's nothing you can do. You can't change him.
    Anonymous

• Is there an order in place for visitation? If so floolow it to the letter. You also need to tell him from this point on you are not at his beck and call. On his weekend she will be ready for pickup between this time..and this time..ONLY. If he brings her back early..his weekend is over. Start writing down everything. The day and time he is supposed to be there, and when he actually does. If it continues to be a problem, contact your court services officer..or whatever they have in your state.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I agree write everything done time dates and let someone else do the same in your house hold it is not fair to your family and the babys father is every inmature. I agree you also need to tell him from this point on you need to pick her up and bring her back on the time you tell her.get in touch with an attorney or someone ho can help you. good luck
    DeborahElder

Answer by DeborahElder at 11:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• just dont let her know hez coming or anything.. thats what i do.. i just ac like he isnt even there.. it helps..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• girl I know exactly what you mean, i'm dealing with the same things. lol. I posted a post venting about it a few days ago. Anyways, I took the advice I got, and called him up and told him from now on, I want 2 days notice ahead of time before he takes her, and if he's not on time, he doesn't get her. Then I told him, if he doesn't like that, or doesn't comply, them I'm taking him to court for full custody, and he can fight for visitation if he really wants it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We have an order of visitation written up already. He still doesnt follow it. I'd love to get an attorney, but those things cost an arm and half a leg. I dont tell her when he's comming cause she wants to leave right then, but since its a common thing for her to spend some time with him, she knows around the time, he's suppose to be there. On the days he isnt suppose to get her, she doesnt mention him. I've told him numerous times if he doesnt show up on time he's not gonna get her. I guess being a 22 year old immature guy gives you the write off to be a douche and an indecent father. I swear, all these boys are turning out the same.
    -O.P
    Anonymous