1.5 weeks late - three different hpt tested negative - How to cope?

Everyone's telling me to see a doctor, but I'm going to wait until the end of this month. Reason why, I am so desperate for a baby (I'm 40- had a baby that was given up at 24, and had felt a lot of emptiness) and I don't want to deal with another negative. (I don't have money for IVF either) This may not sound too mature, but then again I have a lot of work and other commitments that I need a clear mind.

If I went to the doctor, I would be an emotional mess. I need to get my head together first and take a step away, or is there still hope of being pregnant?

Signs so far-
late period, soft cervix, and an occasional nausea

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Health

• i could never tell my cervix's been soft, how can you tell? sorry for your sadness and confusion. i'd guess it's a higher chance you're pregnant being this long without a period. Hope you do well!
    Anonymous

• How I check for my cervix is to reach in and feel for a round beaky thing that is firm. Recently, the beaky thing (cervix) has been as soft as the vaginal walls.

Thanks for your response.
    Anonymous

• As long as you're restricting your caffeine and alcohol intake, taking a prenatal vitamin, and not taking any medicines, you should be ok waiting to see the doc in a couple weeks. He wouldn't do anything different for the time being.

As for cervix-checking....well, never thought i'd hear "cervix" and "beaky" in the same sentence!!!:)
    hilbilimac

Answer by hilbilimac at 3:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Just take care of yourself, I hope you get the Positive your looking for !!
    slhash

Answer by slhash at 5:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• If you go to a clinic, you can get a super sensitive pregnancy test for about $15-that would probably tell you.  But if you just play these mind games with yourself, you add stress and may mess up your cycle making it harder to get pregnant, if you really are not right now.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Try not to stress over it too much. Do like teachermom said and go get the sensitive test for 15 bucks. Relax as much as you can.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I would get a blood test done. None of the women in my family have ever gotten a positive result on a urine test before. They all got their positives from blood tests...there's still a chance!
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 7:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2009