Money for taxes?

Do you save money throughout the year for your taxes, or do you generally get a refund? Just curious.

Evanmak0094

Asked by Evanmak0094 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• This is the first year I'm (supposedly) getting money back. I've been self employed for the last 18 years and always had to pay (gulp). This year I worked for someone else! Yay.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• We usually have to pay in advance on a quarterly basis. When you make over a certain amount, then the government wants their cut early.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 2:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i figured things out based on my income so that the minimum taxes are taking out, i dont pay, but i dont get a huge refund either
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• We normally get a refund. My hubby is Air Force, and I am a SAHM with 3 kids. We have the maximum held out of his check so we get more of a refund.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I get a refund ans save it all year as my emergency money.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009