Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Money for taxes?

Do you save money throughout the year for your taxes, or do you generally get a refund? Just curious.

Answer Question

Asked by Evanmak0094 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • This is the first year I'm (supposedly) getting money back. I've been self employed for the last 18 years and always had to pay (gulp). This year I worked for someone else! Yay.

    Answer by EireLass at 1:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • We usually have to pay in advance on a quarterly basis. When you make over a certain amount, then the government wants their cut early.

    Answer by Busimommi at 2:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • i figured things out based on my income so that the minimum taxes are taking out, i dont pay, but i dont get a huge refund either

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • We normally get a refund. My hubby is Air Force, and I am a SAHM with 3 kids. We have the maximum held out of his check so we get more of a refund.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 11:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • I get a refund ans save it all year as my emergency money.

    Answer by ria7 at 9:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.