What are the foods you can and cannot eat while your are pregnant

MrS.LaDyLuV08

Asked by MrS.LaDyLuV08 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sushi. Uncooked lunch meat. Swordfish....seafood w/ high levels of mercury. Herbal & green tea. That's all that I can think of right now.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• My OB and Perinate both told me anything you can stand, with the exception of those items Paige mentioned above. However, they said tuna is fine up to ONE time a week. One thing they told me to NEVER take is Pepto Bismal. Since I haven't had any problems with morning sickness or anything that gave me heartburn I eat what I want, some people have problems with spicy foods.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• what is uncooked lunch meat? who buys raw? even deli meat has been cooked. geeze.
    i have even eaten subway NOT toasted and both my kids are fine oh and so was i .
    Anonymous

• Sea water fish, uncooked meats like ham, wenners sp, potted meat etc... unpasterized dairy prouducts.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• gosh anon... be nice
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• how am i mean . all i said was what is uncooked lunch meat, it is all cooked !
    Anonymous

• you are supposed to steam your lunch meat in the microwave until it is steaming a little. THEN you can eat it.

i've read it on many sites.

even though its cooked, its full of junk. so your better off eating fresh deli meats straight from the deli, but still need to put it in the microwave for a few seconds until warm/hot. then let it cool for your cold sandwich, or plop it on the sandwich to melt the cheese a little. . .yumm

_____ and anon.... just because you and your kids are/were fine, doesn't mean that everyone can tollerate it, and come out perfictly healthy. everyone is different. . . . . . .
    Anonymous

• herbal and green tea are completely fine to consume while preggers
    Anonymous

• as long as it doesn't contain high amounts of red rasberry leafs or soemthing like that. . .

and your supposed to not drink to much.
    Anonymous