How much should a 4.5 year old sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you mean how many hours per night? My 5 year old goes to bed at 9pm and wakes up usually between 7-8am, sometimes a bit later. This morning though he was up before 7, because the Easter bunny was here :o)
    I'm not sure what the recommended amount of sleep is for that age.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• my SS just turned 5. his schedule hasn't changed much. goes to bed at 8pm most night (9pm when he is at his mom's) and gets up between 7 and 8am (at his mom's he actually get up earlier because he and his sister have to dropped off here by 7:15am). When he gets dropped off he usually goes and lays down with his dad and can sleep sometimes until 9 or 10am. He doesn't get enough sleep at his mom's.

i think they reccommend between 10 and 12 hours of sleep - but that includes naps.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I like to establish a normal everyday bedtime schedule. My boys are in bed by 8-8:30 on weekdays, and up for school at 7am. Though, they have this schedule back when they are just 4 and 3 yr old.

Now, they cant' stay up pass 10pm without finding one passing out on the floor and the other over the sofa's armrest.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• my daughter who is almost 5, goes to bed between 8-9 and wakes up between 8-9...on the off morning she'll wake up at 730..but its never been earlier than that..thank god...buuuuuuuuuut...onnce she starts kindergarten in sept that will be a different story...soooooooo not lookin forward to that..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Well I wish my son was early in bed like that but no dice.He goes to bed anywhere around 1am and wakes up the next day at 1pm.this is bothering me and I don't know what to do about this problem,its been an ongoing issue since he turned 2 years old but I hope it changes once he starts school in September.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Apr. 13, 2009