One on the way & already thinking about # 3...

Im 21, have a three year old daughter and i am 7 mnths pregnant with a boy. And last night me and my DH found ourselves casually mentioning a number three.. Mentioning a # 3 AFTER we had already agreed that we were done, and didn't wan't anymore kids. Is this normal?? Im not sure if its the hormones or what but I am seriously considering a third child.

Kbmancine

Asked by Kbmancine at 3:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Is it normal? Yes. I thought I wanted a 3rd but in this economy..I don't think so. Also remember...things are about to change A LOT! Big change from having 1 child to having two. I had one for 5yrs and as of two months ago, I have two. Wow.... Don't count on sleeping when the baby sleeps. :)

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Thinking about it is way dif than going for it. Right now I'd say it's the hormones. Once the second comes you'll know if you want a third or not. When I was newly pregnant with my third my heart would just start racing and I'd be on like high alert at the sound of a baby crying - it was like I could hear a baby cry from 20 miles away. Just enjoy your pregnancy and your two kids once they're there. You have an awesome fun frustrating time in front of you raising your three year old and newborn soon. Enjoy what you've got. The economy could get worse than it is even before it's better. Maybe you want to think about if your finances and more than two kids could withstand time without a job. What ever you do, Congratulations!!! My oldest was three and a half when our middle baby was born. It's a fun time!
    Anonymous

• As long as you both are happy and handle it without asking, begging, or crying out loud for help, i dont' see what stop you both having a Number 3. Good luck.

however, are you sure you want to be a full time SAHM in the next 8-10 yrs? It scares me to death to just think of it.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• I have 5, never in a million yrs thought I would. I knew I did not want or need more but still bawled like a baby when they tied my tubes. My SIL has 5 and she cried after her tubal too. I think it is a hard decission to make...not every having anymore kids. Even my DH sometimes thinks maybe we should of tried for one more girl. So I think what you are experiencing is totally normal. Some women just know when they are done, and others have a hard time with the concept. Just do what is right for you and your family. I will say this, we love our big loud family and would not have it any other way. They grow so fast. My youngest boys are 2 and 3 only 13 months apart, but my oldest kids are 23, 18, and 15...where does time go?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009