Do you know how to perform CPR on your child?

I was watching the show Runway Moms yesterday and it had a small lesson on how to do CPR on your little one and I was thankful to actually learn a thing or two. It was sad that I really didn't know how to do it. Also they taught how to get an object out the child's throat, the correct way.

Asked by diamondmamma at 3:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• i think i do, but hopefully i'll never have to test that!!

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:45 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes, I'm a certified first responder as well as certified in CPR.

Answer by sarapurser at 4:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• i did... but i need to update my thingy.. i already forgot what it was called.. i had a card. saying i had successfully taken the cpr classes and stuff.. but it's been so long i know i need to update it.

• I update regularly. I started years ago because my husband's dad died of a heart attack, and I was suprised that the course also taught CPR for children and infants, as well as Heimlich and other first aid information. I've taken it every two years (or more) since. It keeps changing, so it is a good idea to keep up on the classes.

Answer by Bmat at 4:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yup, I have my cpr card, so do our older two children who baby sit for us. We go on post and take a class about 6 months.

Answer by Vanessannd at 6:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Of course! Why would anyone have children without knowing the basics????

• yes i do im a cpr/fa instructor in heartsavers and healthcare providers i teack infants, child and adults. if anyone has any questions just hit me up

Answer by medic_mom242 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• sure do :)
    but im a peds nurse

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yep, but I was an EMT/First Responder for many years prior to having my son.

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

• Yes, I can do CPR on infants, children and adults. I can also use a AED. I do have to renew my certification. I feel good that it expires and I have never used it. I have known CPR for about 20 years. ALL parents should know CPR and the proper way to do the Heimlich.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2009